Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
The Federal Government provides an upfront discount for customers buying a solar PV system, or solar hot water systems, in the form of Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs).
What are STCs?
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs) are a financial incentive to encourage the installation of solar and heat pump water heaters under a Federal Government operated scheme.
One STC is equivalent to a megawatt hour per year (MWh/yr) of electricity displaced by an eligible system.
What we offer
Through our trading partner, Seed Power can assist organizations to gain access to Federal Government funding by looking after the STC creation process and helping to manage the price volatility which goes with such schemes.
Solar power providers can boost their income from certificates with Seed Power’s expertise and ability to handle frequent trades.
- Designing business processes and procedures to ensure full compliance and financial reward;
- Managing the creation and tracking of STC claims;
- Managing price risk through forward contracts and/or STC derivatives; and
- Electronic gathering of data and system information to speed the process and cash flow up.
Energy Saving Certificates (ESCs)
An energy savings certificate, or ESC, is equivalent to 1 tonne of carbon dioxide equivalent (tCO2-e), which is equal to 0.94 Megawatt hours (MWh) of energy:
N = 1.06 x E
- N is the number of Energy Savings Certificates (ESC) in tCO2-e, and
- E is the energy savings in MWh.
After implementing a Recognised Energy Savings Activity (RESA), an Accredited Certificate Provider will be able to create Energy Savings Certificates for each tonne of carbon dioxide (equivalent) saved, or 1.06 times megawatt hours of energy saved. These certificates can be traded and sold to liable entities who have an obligation to meet a predetermined energy savings quota.
Unit 9/10 Straits Ave, South Granville NSW 2142
1300 796 068
Weekday: 9am to 6pm
Saturday & Sunday: closed